COPYRIGHT

All resources offered by this blogsite are shared by the authors themselves. Some of them were rewritten with permission and some were collected throughout the internet and exchanged between peers for personal study. Use of any resources offered for commercial purposes is prohibited. Otherwise you need to responsible for any consequences produced! Any profitable behavior of utilizing the resources downloaded from this site is condemned and disdained sternly.

Some of the resources, and data here were shared by the authors freely and we don't have all the capacity to know, if the components, materials inside the scenes were copyright protected. If you feel some resources have infringed your copyright, please contact us. We will delete them as quickly as possible. We won't bear any legal responsibility for the resources. Thanks.

Custom Search

Custom Search

Welcome to SketchUp, Vray and other Resources

Everyone is capable of learning. Learning is part of life. It is a social process of living and bringing everyone to share their inherited resources and discoveries. All of us can influence the life of others through sharing and caring. It is our belief that everyone should be a lifelong learner.

I am putting very important visualization resources and series: tutorials, tips, tricks, VRAY materials and settings, and mini-the-making (MTM) processes.

Yours,

Nomeradona

Friday 7 December 2012

Nomeradona Tips Series #1 _ Edge Length

I am making my own series entitled "Nomeradona Tips Series". I want to share some of my tips here in Visualization which I hope will strengthen your knowledge and understanding, to be more efficient with rendering speed and quality. I'm not claiming that I know everything, but what I am sharing is based on reading, experience and personal experimentation. There might be more faster, effective and accurate way and I hope that you will look at my tips in a critical way at the same time comparing and contrasting them with yours. There might be prior knowledge that I acquired which are inefficient, you can perhaps discuss them openly. Thank you very much.. Nomeradona


1. I will be giving tips about displacement. Be sure the face that you will displace is converted to "group". There will be no displacement if you don't make it into group.

Now suppose you are displacing it.  .


2. Notice that size of your map. I am using here a 2000px displacement map. My tip is you resize your maps into lets say 520-600 pixel. For quick results, do you know you can also use your diffuse map as bump and displacement maps. Yes I know sometimes its not correct, but in many cases like this carpet, you can do it. You are actually saving VRAY SU memory usage because it will only remember one texture map.


3. Many visualizers use Light Cache as secondary engine and leaving the Edge length as 4. If you do this with fairly large size maps, notice how your light cache calculates. Often I have seen Light cache crawling and it take ages for the light cache engine to calculate the bounced lights..


4. Here is the render.. Notice the render time, and notice the speed of the Light cache calculation


5. Now we will adjust the displacement edge length to a fairly higher value.. say 20. Now notice the LC calculation and the rendering speed.


 
Thanks: Carpet model courtesy of Son Minh

No comments:

Post a Comment